Tutorials in This Series
This tutorial is part of a four-part series. Using this series, you will learn how to set up Vue development tools on your computer. If you would like to see the other tutorials in this series, please use the links below.
- 1. How To Install Node.js On Your Computer
- 2. How To Install Visual Studio Code And The Vue Tool Extensions On Your Computer
- 3. How To Install The Chrome Vue Devtools On Your Computer
- 4. How To Install The Vue-CLI On Your Computer
Why do I need Visual Studio Code?
If you want to use modern development tooling while coding with the Vue.js framework, we strongly recommend installing Visual Studio Code.
What is Visual Studio Code?
According to Wikipedia:
Visual Studio Code is a source code editor developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS. It includes support for debugging, embedded Git control, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, and code refactoring. It is also customizable, so users can change the editor’s theme, keyboard shortcuts, and preferences. It is free and open-source, although the official download is under a proprietary license.
How do I install Visual Studio Code and set up the Vue Tool Extensions?
Here is a YouTube video showing the instructions.
Where can I find the Visual Studio Code Downloads?
You can head on over to the Visual Studio Code website to download the installer.
If you are interested in attending or learning more about the Meetup and our workshops, please use the links below.
About RdyToGo and our Pro-How Technology Training Service
RdyToGo, pronounced “Ready To Go,” is a creative marketing agency with design studios in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Jacksonville, Florida. While our bread and butter is web design, branding, and marketing we feel compelled to offer technology-based training through our Pro-How service because it speaks directly about our mission, vision, and believes.
We believe that people are hard-wired to need earned praise and rewards. After a long day of hard work, you deserve and need that sense of accomplishment, that reward, and the recognition of others. We feel that there is a shortage of this need in the world, that many people work hard and long in their thankless jobs, only to go home tired and disappointed.
What can RdyToGo do about it? Education, promotion, and empowerment are the keys to solving this problem and we use our skill set in the following ways.
- Education: RdyToGo set up Pro-How to train people with skills that will help them change their world.
- Promotion: Our creative marketing, branding, and web design to promote our clients helping more people know what they can do.
- Empowerment: At our core, we feel that all people, no matter their background deserve the chance to enjoy the reward of their hard work and all of our efforts are designed to empower people to grow and make changes in their lives and others.
Why not join RdyToGo on our adventure? Try our free and paid training services or hire us to take on your marketing, web design, or branding project. Call 1-888-705-3403 or visit RdyToGo.com to get started.